There's a lot of hype these days about quality dog/cat food ingredients. Words like "organic" or "all natural" seem to get tossed around a little too often without a clear understanding of its intended definition. Unfortunately, the topic is also not immune to marketing strategies, leaving pet owners baffled and, understandably, distrustful of what they are actually purchasing.
The Association of American Feed Control defines "natural" as: "A feed or feed ingredient derived solely from plant animal or mined sources, either in its unprocessed state or having been subject to physical processing, heat processing, rendering, purification, extraction, hydrolysis, enzymolysis or fermentation, but not having been produced by or subject to a chemically synthetic process and not containing any additives or processing aids that are chemically synthetic except in amounts as might occur in good manufacturing practices."
So, how do Lee and Mark take the confusing guesswork out of your interest in smart buying?
- We are painstaking about how we choose vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- We focus on the company's reputation, background, expertise, and the "what, how, and where" of ingredients in food products. Yes, this may reduce our inventory in comparison with big-box stores. Yet it also means we wholeheartedly strive to only sell quality products with ethical business practices, taking the guesswork out of the big picture for our customers.
- Our relationships with most of our suppliers are like family, making them just a phone call away.
- The American Kennel Club (AKC) states that the motivation behind having dog shows is to protect the current and future breeding practices. This means the expertise required to maintain AKC standards at dog shows for each breed is extensive (nutrition, skin, coat, eyes, teeth, ears, bone structure, temperament, general health). Lee and Mark have personally bred over 35 champions, qualifying them as a trend setter to standards of animal health and wellness care.
- Being surrounded by and having access to the best of the best since 1972, as well as being a current AKC Breeder Of Merit themselves, has elevated Lee and Mark to expert status. Our customers who are dog owners, therefore, benefit from our breed specific approach to problem solving.
- Naturally, the high standards learned in the professional dog show and dog breeding world, as well as Lee and Mark’s strong work ethic and passion for all animals (including their personal troop of dogs, goats, miniature donkeys, and birds at home), influenced their level of expertise with birds, small animals, reptiles, and fish, which trickles down to staff and benefits every customer.
We told ya we got your back! Stop by soon!